New in MediaHeal for Virtual Drives 1.5:
- Supports virtual disks created with Xen, Citrix XenSource (Citrix XenServer, Citrix Xen)
- Supports VMDK disks created with QEMU and Sun xVM VirtualBox
- Supports binary disk or partition dump (RAW, IMG)
- Repairs corrupted file systems (FAT, NTFS) of virtual drives
- Supports VHD disks created with Microsoft VirtualPC, Sun xVM VirtualBox
- Supports VMDK disks created with VMware Workstation, VMware Player, VMware Server, VMware ESX Server
- Supports Virtual Hard Disk (*.vhd) fixed, differencing and dynamic type
- Supports Virtual Machine Disk Format (*.vmdk) monolithicSparse, monolithicFlat, twoGbMaxExtentSparse, twoGbMaxExtentFlat, vmfs, vmfsSparse, streamOptimized type
- Recovers Snapshot disks of Virtual Machine Disk format (VMDK)
- Supports Xen Virtual Appliance VM Import Format (*.xva, *.ova) of compress and typical type
- Supports FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS 1.0, NTFS 2.0
- Full install/uninstall support
Data Browser is a new feature bundled with the product, available from the same program group where MediaHeal for Virtual Drives is installed. It is a separate granular data recovery utility to view and extract individual items from virtual drive.
Always try the Data Browser if...
- the standard wizard-style recovery mode fails or produces insufficient results;
- the source file is large;
- just a few items need to be recovered.
Tip: MediaHeal for Virtual Drives Data Browser can be used as a preview and recovery tool on both corrupted and healthy files.
- Linked disks not supported
- XVA and OVA disks of Encrypt type are not supported
- Does not recover vmdk disks of vmfsRawDeviceMap,vmfsPassthroughRawDeviceMap, vmfsRaw, fullDevice and partitionedDevice types.
- Operating system: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 2003 Server or 2008 Server. Windows 95, 98, ME are not supported.
- RAM: 256-1024 MB (depends on virtual drive size and corruption range)
- Hard Disk: minimum 10 MB of free space required for installation
- Display: 640 x 480 or higher resolution, 256 colors